I picked up Launch Center Pro 1.1 this week (here’s my full review of Launch Center 1.0 at TUAW), and it’s a nice improvement over the original version. One feature I really like is the ability to mail a photo to a pre-defined group of recipients with a tap, all from within the app. This is so much easier than adding recipient addresses one after the other in Mail. To set it up, tap the pencil icon in the upper right-hand corner, tap a “+”, select Action and then follow these steps:
- The Action Composer appears. Tap System Actions.
- Tap In-App Email.
- Tap Email With Last Photo Taken.
The Options screen appears. There are a few variables here we’ll fill in. Note that there are several options for each, including a contact, a prompt for input or whatever is on your clipboard. Here’s how I’ve set it up.
- Name. Pick something descriptive. I’m using “Last Pic to Family.”
- Recipients. This is the good part. Add as many as you like. Mine sends an email to my mother, father, sisters and their husbands and various aunts and uncles.
- Subject. I added “Check out this picture” so I don’t have to type a subject every time.
- Body. I’ve left this blank, but again you can add what you like.
Now it gets great. Take a photo with the iPhone’s Camera then open Launch Center Pro and tap your new action. It composes an email with your list of recipients in the “To” field, subject intact and photo attached. Tap Send and it’s gone. It’s so much faster than adding addresses by hand. Have fun!