Aaron Mahnke of Wet Frog Studios and I produce Home Work, a podcast for home workers. It’s on the 70 Decibels podcast network, and we’re pretty proud of it. Recently we wrapped up a series of episodes on freelancing. Here’s an archive of all of those episodes.
- Episode 042 – Finding Clients. When things get busy, it’s important to change how we work in order to stay on top of everything. Dave and Aaron discuss how they adapt to crazy schedules and busy weeks.
- Episode 043 – Educating Clients. In episode two in our series on freelancing, Aaron and Dave discuss clients even further, including how and why to educate them to your process.
- Episode 044 – Rate Of Pay. This time, it’s setting your price. A big topic and the guys share some nice insights and tips.
- Episode 045 – Project Management. This week our series on freelancing heads into the realm of project management, and with Dave out sick, professional copywriter and all-around star home-worker Jason Rehmus fills in. We talk about setting up projects, managing expectations, contracts and testimonials. It’s awesome.
- Episode 046 – Contracts. This week Dave and Aaron discuss contracts. They talk about why you need one and identify the features that every contract should have.
- Episode 047 – Invoicing. This week our series on freelancing continues as Dave and Aaron discuss invoicing, both tools and practices. Plus, they debut the brand-new listener mail theme! HUGE thanks to listener Kyle Evans who created it for us.
- Episode 048 – Record Keeping and Overhead. This week our series on freelancing continues as Dave and Aaron discuss record keeping and overhead. No Downton Abbey this week.