When I’m traveling in a foreign country I love to soak up the culture. Music is a big part of that. Today, I enlisted the help of my friend and Londoner Myke Hurley, who created an “ultimate London playlist.” I tasked Myke with coming up with a list of songs that any Londoner would say are representative of his or her fine city. The result is below.
– London Calling – The Clash
– Going Underground – The Jam
– Waterloo Sunset – The Kinks
– Down in the Tube Station at Midnight – The Jam
– West End Girls – Pet Shop Boys
– For Tomorrow – Blur
– Common People – Pulp
Heading to London this summer? Put these songs on our iPhone now to get into the mood and experience a small bit of London culture.
If you’d like to share a playlist of music from your city, let me know!