Tomorrow Apple will hold a press conference about the iPhone 4, presumably to discuss the antenna issue that has gained so much attention. Here’s what I think will happen.
- Apple will offer a $30 Apple Store credit to all current iPhone 4 owners. That will allow those who want a Bumper case to get one for free.
- Apple will continue to accept returns without charging customers a restocking fee.
- The forthcoming software patch (iOS 4.01) will be explained again and released.[1. Strike one agains me]
- Steve (I assume Steve will be the one talking) will insist that the iPhone 4’s design is the best Apple has ever made and that it offers a superior experience over its predecessors (In my experience, that’s been the case). He’ll describe the record-setting sales that Apple and AT&T experienced.
- Steve will announce the availability of the white model.
In other words, they’ll appease those who are having trouble and stand by their conviction that the iPhone 4 is the best yet. The short event will conclude with Steve (and maybe Scott Forstall) taking questions.