This one’s a bit of fun. You can change the name of an iPhone folder to an emoji icon, or combine emoji and text for a fun, nice-looking change. The first step is to enable emoji, then alter the folder name. Let’s get started.
iOS treats Emoji as a distinct keyboard, so you enable it in the keyboard preferences. Follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app
- Tap General, then Keyboard
- Tap Keyboards, then Add New Keyboard
- Scroll until you find Emoji, then tap it
- Exit Settings
Change your Folder Names
You’re all set. To activate the Emoji keyboard, do the following whenever you’re entering text:
- Tap the globe icon to switch to Emoji (or tap and hold for a pop-up list of active keyboards)
- When you’re done, tap the globe icon again to switch back
Now that we’ve got that sorted out, it’s time to add icons to your folder names.
Open and folder and tap-and-hold any icon to enter “jiggle mode.”
- Tap the folder’s label field.
- The keyboard appears. Tap the globe icon to switch to the emoji keyboard and find a descriptive icon.
- Tap the home button when you’re done.
That’s it. You can combine letters and emoji if you like, or use the icons alone. I think it looks cute.