Facebook finally released Facebook Gifts for many users [1. One reader reports that Facebook Gifts are unavailable in Australia. Could be US only at this point.]. This feature lets you buy and ship a gift to another Facebook user, including iTunes gift cards. iTunes gift cards are more versatile than some people realize. They can be used towards purchases in the iTunes Store, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store. Here’s how to send someone an iTunes gift card via Facebook.
First, find your lucky recipient’s timeline and follow these steps:
- On their timeline, click the new gift icon.
- Three suggestions appear. Click More Gifts.
- A window appears. It’s really annoying that you can’t search gifts by name. To find iTunes gift cards, click the category drop-down menu and select Fun.
- Click the gift cards.
- Choose $10, $15, $25 or $50.
- Click Next in the lower right-hand corner.
- Select a card and add a message.
- Click Next.
- Add your payment details and you’re all set.
Your recipient will receive the “card” you made with our message and iTunes card.